What's new
What's new

AR 10 Lower Prints

Rounded buffer stanchion to me generally implies Armalite pattern, the 45'd ones are KAC/DPMS usually. So I'd imagine one would use those mags?
Rounded is a DPMS style, Armalite Ar10 'B' is straight cut at 45° That's the original design. They now also have ArR10 'A' style that is supposedly "compatible " with DPMS parts kits and magazines, since it has a flared mag well. As far as I know nothing is interchangeable between any of them. I have been trying to find a Jig that's Armalite compatible, but can only find an 80% lower, but cannot find a jig for it.

90% of all Ar15 or "Ar10" LR308 uppers, lowers, parts kits, etc. Are DPMS pattern
The reason there isn't a standard design for AR10/LR308/SR25 is because it wasn't adopted by the military, hence no 'mil/spec'. So manufacturer differences are all over the place.

And it's still hard to find answers about Ar10/308Ar. And it's even harder to find Armalite B pattern ANYTHING.

Nice to see a fella with a sense of ha-ha about getting a mild poke over such!

Per an earlier post, I doubt any of the actual drawings made it out into the wild, as the guns were never really adopted by anyone that wasn't just buying them fro Armalite at the time.

Not entirely true; most of the AR-10's were made by Artillerie-Inrichtingen in the Netherlands. There were several generations as feedback from users in a number of prolonged military operations reported problems and corrections were devised.

The Dutch Military museum has prints and will sell you high resolution copies if you are interested in the original as made by Artillerie Inrichtingen. I don't have the link at hand. I recall it cost $700 for an almost complete set of prints.

Back