What's new
What's new

Justification for converting manual garage doors to automatic

TheGrassyHutch

Plastic
Hello - I am trying to do justification paperwork to convert our 3 garage doors from manually opening them to electric. I have to make an entire presentation on it. Anyone have information to share? Like would it cause more wear and tear on the doors to manually open them? What about wear and tear on the person opening them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello - I am trying to do justification paperwork to convert our 3 garage doors from manually opening them to electric. I have to make an entire presentation on it.
Clear sign of pure human greed.
You are working for dictators.
How do you suffer that?
Wasting your (paid) time to make a presentation
about garage door openers ? ? ?
Step back a minute and think how insane that is.

-D

They will save about ten minutes of paid employe a day if they are only opened and closed one time each.
Stop work, go over to to door, pull chain over and over until it is open in about one minute. walk to next door, repeat, repeat. Walk back to work from door location, resume working. Reverse procedure at end of day.
Push one central located button, go back to work. At end of day push button, go home.
Bill D
No reason for only one control station. Or even a pocket size remote or two. I am sure you can also control them with blue tooth from employee phones.
I can see having a power off switch for the end of the day so no robbers can hack the remote opener.
Bill D

Less chance of a guy not hooking the chain up properly to keep the door open, or not opening it far enough and having a forklift hit it.

Work smarter, not harder. The other thing you could do is find major installers in your area and ask them for a pros and cons sales document.

Converting manual garage doors to electric ones can offer several benefits, including convenience, safety, and efficiency. Here's a structured outline you can use for your presentation:

Introduction:

Briefly introduce the topic of converting manual garage doors to electric.

Highlight the purpose of the presentation and its significance for the organization.

Current Challenges:

Discuss the limitations and challenges associated with manually operated garage doors.

Highlight any safety concerns or inconvenience faced by users.

Benefits of Electric Garage Doors:

Convenience: Explain how electric garage doors offer greater convenience, especially during adverse weather conditions or when carrying items.

Safety: Discuss how electric doors eliminate the need for physical exertion, reducing the risk of injuries caused by manual operation.

Security: Highlight features such as automatic locking systems and remote access, enhancing security.

Accessibility: Mention how electric doors provide easier access for individuals with mobility issues or disabilities.

Cost-Benefit Analysis:

Evaluate the initial investment required for converting to electric garage doors.

Discuss potential long-term savings in terms of time, energy, and maintenance costs.

Compare the cost of installation with the anticipated benefits over time.

Technical Specifications:

Provide an overview of the components involved in electric garage door systems, such as motors, sensors, and remote controls.

Discuss compatibility with existing garage door structures and any modifications required.

Safety Considerations:

Address safety features inherent in electric garage door systems, such as automatic reversal mechanisms to prevent accidents.

Highlight compliance with safety standards and regulations.

Case Studies or Success Stories:

Share examples of organizations or individuals who have successfully converted to electric garage doors.

Discuss the outcomes and benefits experienced after the conversion.

Implementation Plan:

Outline the steps involved in the conversion process, including procurement, installation, and testing.

Provide a timeline for implementation and any potential disruptions to operations.

Stakeholder Engagement:

Identify key stakeholders who need to be involved in the decision-making process.

Discuss strategies for gaining support and addressing concerns from stakeholders.

Conclusion:

Summarize the key points presented in the justification.

Emphasize the overall benefits and importance of converting to electric garage doors.

Encourage further discussion and decision-making based on the information provided.

Questions and Discussion:

Open the floor for questions, feedback, and discussion from the audience.

Address any concerns or clarifications needed to facilitate decision-making.

By following this structured presentation outline, you can effectively communicate the rationale for converting manual garage doors to electric and garner support for the initiative within your organization.
-------------

Title: Converting Manual Garage Doors to Electric: A Justification Presentation

Slide 1: Introduction

Title: Converting Manual Garage Doors to Electric
Subtitle: Enhancing Convenience, Safety, and Efficiency
Brief overview of the presentation's purpose and agenda

Slide 2: Current Challenges
Challenges with manually operated garage doors
Safety concerns
Inconvenience during adverse weather conditions or when carrying items

Slide 3: Benefits of Electric Garage Doors
Convenience: Easy access with the push of a button
Safety: Elimination of manual operation risks
Security: Automatic locking systems and remote access
Accessibility: Easier entry for individuals with mobility issues

Slide 4: Cost-Benefit Analysis
Initial investment vs. long-term savings
Comparison of installation costs with anticipated benefits
Potential for increased property value and ROI

Slide 5: Technical Specifications
Overview of electric garage door components (motors, sensors, remote controls)
Compatibility with existing garage door structures
Modifications required for installation

Slide 6: Safety Considerations
Automatic reversal mechanisms
Compliance with safety standards and regulations
Mitigation of potential hazards

Slide 7: Case Studies or Success Stories
Examples of successful conversions to electric garage doors
Outcomes and benefits experienced by other organizations or individuals

Slide 8: Implementation Plan
Steps involved in the conversion process (procurement, installation, testing)
Timeline for implementation
Minimizing disruptions to operations

Slide 9: Stakeholder Engagement
Identification of key stakeholders
Strategies for gaining support and addressing concerns
Importance of collaboration and communication

Slide 10: Conclusion
Summary of key points presented in the justification
Emphasis on the benefits of converting to electric garage doors
Call to action for further discussion and decision-making

Slide 11: Questions and Discussion
Open floor for questions, feedback, and discussion from the audience

Address any concerns or clarifications needed

Why I loved my electric shop garage door.
Built in the 1980's and never thought much about it, just handy.
Ankle went 90 degrees sideways to my leg so wheel chair bound but I need to make parts now.
Remote did not work anymore but a bluetooth switchy guy fixed that.
Now I could drive my car into the shop and hop in the wheel chair alone. Same with exit.
This was a lifesaver.

Hello - I am trying to do justification paperwork to convert our 3 garage doors from manually opening them to electric. I have to make an entire presentation on it. Anyone have information to share? Like would it cause more wear and tear on the doors to manually open them? What about wear and tear on the person opening them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
It's official. Our country is doomed.

What you need are AI-controlled, face-detecting automatic doors. After maybe a billion dollars of cloud-based training time on your workforce, they'll either keep the idiots out or decide everyone needs more exercise.

If Pm guys have wasted 13 posts thinking amout this, that is more wasted time.

If a worker person has to set something down to open the door , then pick it up that is wasted time. if the Hi lo guy has to get off to open the door more wasted time.

If the bath room is the wrong color, what about that? best to higher another boss so you can't have an an even number on the bathroom color vote.

Last edited:
If Pm guys have wasted 13 posts thinking amout this, that is more wasted time.

If a worker person has to set something down to open the door , then pick it up that is wated time. if the Hi lo guy has to get off to open the door more wasted time.

If the bath room is the wrong color, what about that? best to higher another boss so you can't have an an even number on the bathroom color vote.
Just give the forklift guy the idea to lift the door open with the forks. When they replace the whole door they'll probably install an opener.

"Analysis paralysis (or paralysis by analysis) describes an individual or group process where overanalyzing or overthinking a situation can cause forward motion or decision-making to become "paralyzed", meaning that no solution or course of action is decided upon within a natural time frame."

Curious....what does it cost to change over 3 garage doors to auto?

If the whole door needs to be replaced for whatever reason... it's not an insignificant amount.

Back