What's new
What's new

Laying a Hurco VM1 on it's back?

Several possible reasons.
1. A house garage must be lower than the living area so leaking gas can not flow in.
2. The outside elevation on the door side may make it better to drop the garage door.
3. The house itself may have nine foot or higher ceilings.
4. To get the roof of the garage to flow properly into the main roof of the house, a high garage is necessary.

Again, thank you all for your input and information. Two of the VM1's I was looking at sold for a reasonable price at auction, $1200 & $700 respectively. So I guess I'm back to my original thought of just trying to find an old Milltronics partner 1 in my area that isn't being sold by a crazy person. Wish me luck...

My vf2 fit u der an 84” door with skates under is (4” or so tall)
I bet you could slip one on der your 80”
0.5” round bar bar rollers.
Remove the cable chain and regen unit. (Possibly the servo but I do t think I had to remove mine.

If it’s a side mount tool changer you’ll need to pull it off and reinstall once inside. Approx 600lb I belive

Laying a machine on its back to get under a door sounds like a serious hazard.

as no one has mentioned it. I assume your landlord/home owner is ok with a machine being in their space???
If so they are probably cool with you adding value to the house by making a taller door.
If your gonna own a shop you may as well start there with your salesmen skills :p

as no one has mentioned it. I assume your landlord/home owner is ok with a machine being in their space???
If so they are probably cool with you adding value to the house by making a taller door.
If your gonna own a shop you may as well start there with your salesmen skills :p
I would worry the landlord would raise the rent if value was added. If you dont want to pay more rent then someone else will.....

I would worry the landlord would raise the rent if value was added. If you dont want to pay more rent then someone else will.....
Landlord already has you by the balls after letting you setup a machine shop in their garage, I don’t think giving them a free garage door upgrade is gonna change much.

9000lb machine and if I kick you out you have nowhere to put it immediately …. And it cost you how much to move?
And you loose how much revenue by being interrupted by a move?
Who owns it if you cannot move it in time should an eviction or lease term end?
It’s their property and your “junk” has been left behind

I say none of this to be an a hole. Just playing devils advocate to help think it all through.

I always say go big real machine. But if your renting someone’s house you had better have a very good relationship with them before setting up.
That it go lightweight hobby stuff you can move out quickly and put in a storage locker if needed should the relationship go south.
It would be too easy to evict someone who setup a shop.
Pick any MSDS sheet from any chemical/product you are using. Tell the courts they belive the substance risk the home becoming contaminated. Boom, eviction granted and maybe your even liable for “contamination cleanup”
(Which would be a total crock of crap, but I can see it easily happening)

All just food for thought/worst case scenario.

I would not allow my tennent to setup a machineshop in my rental house.

Milltronics VM16 with umbrella will go IIIRC - gotta pull the Z motor and unbolt the cable track
Thanks for that info. I was seeing that the smaller Fadal's will slide in the same as well. But finding one of those at a "good" price that isn't completely worn out...

Back