What's new
What's new

Yasnac I80 groove finding help.

K Battenbough

Cast Iron
Trying to use the groove feature on yasnac I80 and can't figure out where I am going wrong? I am getting to point 1, pressing WRITE, getting to point 2 pressing WRITE, and then a huge random number populates the offset? Am I doing it wrong? tried it in both inc/abso with the same results. Any pointers would be great.
Thanks

I been through this. It is when end move is not in the opposite direction. It not only takes position but also axis drive direction before write. So you dont back drive axis before writing. So if you overshoot, you drive back, and go forward again for 1 click.

Tried it today and it worked great!!.. I have a habit of deliberately going past zero by .2 say and then go back to zero on the haimer on the the first reference to take out any possible backlash, but did it like your way earlier and it works perfect!. Many thanks.

Tried it today and it worked great!!.. I have a habit of deliberately going past zero by .2 say and then go back to zero on the haimer on the the first reference to take out any possible backlash, but did it like your way earlier and it works perfect!. Many thanks.
Ballscrew machine with backlash comp does not need that.

Back