What's new
What's new

Kent Bridgeport clone quill diameter 2.1"

racer55

Aluminum
I am looking to find a quill mount dial indicator rig for my Kent mill,trouble I am having is that my quill is 2.1" diameter and not 1 7/8" like it seems most Bridgeport are.
I bought an accusize one from amazon and immediately found out I need to know more before ordering.
I have not been able to find anything up to now that is available?

Indicol doesn't list a 2.1" but they have 2" and 2 1/4". Send them an email and ask if they think either would work. They reply quickly and ship usually the same day.
Thanks very much,wow they are pricey.

I took my hat off yesterday and my head started working!
all I need to do is machine up a piece with a 1" diameter to catch in a collet and the end outside the collet be 1 7/8" to clamp the dial indicator mount to!

I took my hat off yesterday and my head started working!
all I need to do is machine up a piece with a 1" diameter to catch in a collet and the end outside the collet be 1 7/8" to clamp the dial indicator mount to!
I always thought the point of putting them on the OD of the spindle nose was so that you didn’t need to remove your tool or deal with the drawbar. I’m an indicator in the spindle guy currently, but I really should get or make on of these for the reasons I listed.
For going 1 7/8” or 2” to 2.1” I’d consider taking a file to the holder if needed, that or get the next size up and put in a longer screw.

Back