What's new
What's new

Moving an Integrex 100sy

Cole2534

Diamond
How small of a door will an Integrex 100sy fit through? Looking to downsize my shop, and move to an Integrex for 1 and done projects. However, the potential new location has small doors. 10' ceilings and 80" tall doors...reallll fuckin dumb. Anyway...

How small can the be made with some basic disassembly?

Our 2002 Integrex 100-IISY is at 8'6" over the tool changer. We have the 40 tool changer that travels with the Z carriage. With the head down the top of that looks like it is around 84". The top has the mill spindle cooler mounted on it, and I don't think that would be a big deal to take off and set to the side. The tool changer though seems like it might be a fair amount of work. I have not had ours off though, so can not say for sure. Will still be tight in an 80" door.

Would have to pull the guards off the back and main spindle side. Would probably still be too big with tool changer, but that already has to come off/move. taking guards off is just a hand full of bolts. What vintage are you thinking?

Would have to pull the guards off the back and main spindle side. Would probably still be too big with tool changer, but that already has to come off/move. taking guards off is just a hand full of bolts. What vintage are you thinking?
Same as yours. Found a 2001 I want to take a gamble on.

I am pretty happy with it. Worst part is the 1.625 ish bar limit. I bought a new actuator that is bigger and made a new draw tube and can feed a 2" bar now. I had to make an adapter to fit the actuator to the back of the spindle, but that wasn't too bad either. I have a LNS hydro bar on it and feed 12' bars of 2" aluminum through it. The main spindle doesn't like spinning the long bar above 2000 RPM, but will do a 4' fine. Whats the ball park price they go for now? We have had ours since about 2017

My deal on the 100sy fell through. Now I'm seeing what it will take to get a 200sy, but I don't think I can get the machine short enough to go through the door.

If I pulled some trim, I could slide in 83" h and 96" wide.

If I can't make the Integrex fit and have to go to a quick turn- how much value is there in selecting a machine with the 640t vs the T-Plus? It can be a pretty fair price gap and the 640's advantages aren't immediately apparent.

We have both T-Plus and 640. The 640 is nice that it is windows based and essentially no memory limit. The 640 sucks because it is windows based and prone to hard drive failure. The T-Plus is about bullet proof. I do not use Mazatrol so I don't see much difference if any. I have swapped drives from one to the other. I have a 1998 in T-plus and in 640. I would suggest a SQT, they have the integral spindle. Only draw back to that is the rebuild cost.

I will absolutely be using Mazatrol. As for the hard drive, yes, I plan to change that out immediately.

The new candidate is a 1999 SQT 250MSY w/640t. Comes with some stick tools and 2 live tool holders.

Any downsides/issues there I should be looking at?

The biggest thing I have had issues with are the live tool drive. It is a shaft that runs through the center of the turret, parallel with Z axis. When it get to the turret there is a 90 deg knuckle that drives the live tool. Not that complicated, but have had to rebuild that 90 deg knuckle. We have bought 2 SQT's that needed that done when we bought them. The bearings are not that much, but a bit of work to get to them. Live tools are not powerful, but do fine in aluminum. Not as good as the integrex live tools, but not as fragile as the B axis head. Only 5,000 RPM on live tools, so kind of slow for small tools, but useful.

Live tools can be rebuilt with new bearings and are not a bad job. I run cutting oil in all ours and believe the live tools last a lot longer because of it. Downside is the oil smokes if hogging.

The live tool drive is air actuated, and can get gummy with poor compressed air quality. I would run the live tool drive at least once a week to try to keep it free.

12 tools can be limiting on some jobs. I have ran a boring bar upside down and bored in X- and then used it to rough the O.D. also. I have a stick tool holder that has a pocket for the main, and one for the sub. I took a left hand tool and a right hand tool and milled them down to .500. Then stacked them and run the one at Y1.0, this puts my rough and finish tool in 1 pocket. Have that set up for the main and sub, so I get 4 tools from 1 turret location.

Back