What's new
What's new

Way seals/wipers

???

Titanium
Anyone printed their own wipers in the 95 shore TPU? Did a trial print yesterday, not sure it's really the way to go. I'm using a a Creality Ender v3 Neo and had some issues around one corner lifting slightly during printing. Any tips from someone that has done it successfully before would be appreciated. I've also got a resin printer that I might try using because of the resolution.

I've moulded them before in PU but its overkill cutting 5 acrylic moulds for a set.

Haven't had a problem with lifting in TPU, more of a problem of it sticking to well and hard to remove. Never done any wipers, but its amazinginly tough stuff, probably work fine for one offs.

Reactions: ???
Haven't had a problem with lifting in TPU, more of a problem of it sticking to well and hard to remove. Never done any wipers, but its amazinginly tough stuff, probably work fine for one offs.
What bed and nozzle temps are you running. It seems to be a bit of a mixed bag with everyone getting different results.

I'm running 225C nozzle and 15C bed. I wipe the bed cover with Prepsol (grease and wax remover) before starting. The cover slides off so I can easily remove parts. It is very slow to print parts.

If your really get'n your but kicked, you could just machine a fast 2 aluminium plates that interlock, and pour you a legit set.

Same here. I've had TPU destroy a build plate before it let go. Literally ripped the powdercoating off the steel plate. I suspect your Z level is not right.

What kind of build plate are you using? I use Prusa's textured powder coated plates for TPU and have to add a light dusting of baby powder to get my prints to release.

I'm anywhere between 215º-245ºc nozzle (hot = fast ... cold = detail), 30ºc bed, .3-.4mm layer height with .6mm nozzle.

I've been running the Matterhackers TPU with the Bambu Generic TPU profile, seems to be 240 and 30 on the bed.

I glue stick the bed with purple Elmers glue stick and just wash off in the sink afterwards but I'm trying the baby powder trick next time I do something with TPU.

Would it be possible to print the moulds and pour the PU
Why print a mould with a shit finish when you can go to a shit finish straight off the printer. Sorry to be blunt. If I poured them I would machine up an acrylic mould and get a good finish but it's a waste of my time. I've tried contacting the agent to get a set of seals but as usual in Australia the agent is useless unless your are dealing with someone like Headland.

Edit.
And the machine for making moulds is tied up with work.

I actually with the NEW Haas wipers, that are a thin hard plastic that is dead in months.
thought about legit buying a polymer extruder making the die and selling that shit.
with the new wipers on ALL those new machines, people are gonna need a alternative FOR SURE!

It would really be helpful if the suppliers actually replied to emails so I did not have to go down this road.

Which rubber does yours need?
This one?
Edit: Oh this isnt for the MM this is for the lathe right.
1715043803848.png

Last edited:
Done like chicken. I could only find the funky blue TPU so I'm thinking of installing some disco balls to go with the theme. Still lifting slightly in the outside corners, going to try double sided tape to see if it helps.
IMG_20240507_164259_MP.jpg

Done like chicken. I could only find the funky blue TPU so I'm thinking of installing some disco balls to go with the theme. Still lifting slightly in the outside corners, going to try double sided tape to see if it helps.
View attachment 438825

It'd be interesting if you could update how these hold up after you've used them for a while.

Like everything else 3d printed, I kind of suspect that TPU is going to be somewhere between barely adequate and just good enough for this job...

I've never used TPU in oil before, but it's supposed to stand up well to mineral oil. Resistance to abrasion, hot chips etc. I'm less certain about.

Back